
Little did you know the world speaks. Sure you might hear it as others do. Nature is what we all havethe ability to hear, if we think about listening. Listen as hard as you might but you'll only catch the surface. There is a difference between worlds. It's feeling...
Over the past month I've felt the change. Some days it's more then others. Some days it's better then others. The morning of the harvest season I was dreaming. I dream in color. I dream in fluid motion, but I do notalways dream well. It was blood, and darkness. It was cold and bleak. However I don't let dreams like this stir me in any direction. I knew deep down it was sacrifice. I could see my arms pale in a full moon's glow. The blood dark against my skin.
Drip drip drip....
Into the harvest Earth. Into what will be the sacrifice for the Growth. The world will sleep and be still. A blanket of cold will cover the Earth and we will be like snakes. We will wait in the bitterness until we can warm ourselves on hot rocks.
Drip drip drip...
I welcome the bleeding and the darkness. I'm ready for transition, though I fear the cold. My bones and body will hurt. No amount of what I release will ever stop me. I will always give so I may receive the gifts of the new year. I humbly grant the goddess.Drip drip drip...The moon is covered by clouds, I hear the bear kill its last meal, the song of night continues as I smell the sage and sweet grass I burn from my left hand. My circle has been cast, been given its sacrifice, and as I call to Air, Fire, Water, Earth and Spirit I close my casting in peace and wrap my blood stained arms with the wings of bats.
I wake... The day feels new. The moon has moved and so we entered Fall. I remember being hit with such force with a positive feeling as I walked into the morning air. I couldn't help but smile. I've been a sucker for Fall. She greets me as a long lost lover. A light kiss with just a hint of cold. She misses me when my eyes wander to Winter. Though she is not jealous, Winterdoesn't get my sacrifice. I smell the world as if it's on fire. Not only does nature give the apperance with the trees changing humans add to the delight by lighting their hearths and smoke fills the air. Reminds me of hot drinks, sweet foods, and the comfort of warmth.
My days will be blinded by needs I feel I can't catch. I will crave something as I do every Fall. I have a slight idea of what...or whom that could be. My nights I will dream luci
dly. I will travel through the thin layers of the "worlds" and dancewith the owls. Demeter will cry on my shoulder and I will hold her hand. Butbehind her back I will eat the blood seeds. I will drink the sweet wine and eat the harvest with thanks. I will avoid the darkness for now. I wont let it consume me before its time. But as always I will be prepared for it. I will watch that silver lining as I turn gold...
No comments:
Post a Comment