Wednesday, October 5, 2011

To Live Forever

She wont live forever,
I understand that.
She wont always be there,
I knew she wouldn't.

She wont always have the right thing to say.
She wont always have that special way to comfort.
She wont be there just to listen.

She wont live forever.

She wont always assume she's right.
She wont always actually be right in the end.
She wont always smile when you figure it out.

She wont live forever.

She wont always smell the way she does.
She wont always feel soft against my cheek.
She wont always want to be comfortable.

She wont live forever.

She wont always have a strong grip.
She wont always be able to get your attention.
She wont always have the best laugh.

She wont live forever.

She wont always surprise you.
She wont always have amazing stories.
She wont always have a bed that feels like home.

She wont live forever.
She wont always do the things she does.
She wont always stop trying to take care of you.
She wont always have something silly to snack on.

She wont live forever.

I understand that.

Really.... she wont live forever.

I knew she wouldn't... but wont she?



No comments:

Post a Comment