Wednesday, March 7, 2012

311 Concert!

Last night I was in awe of my favorite band 311. The first time they've played in Tahoe since 2006 when they had a sell out show with Ziggy and the Whalers. For some reason when I was younger this was the only hip hop/ Reggae/ Ska/ Rock/ Etc band I could really get into. Having started in 1988 in a garage in Omaha, it didn't take long for them to amaze someone in the industry. With their powerful words and outlook on the world it was only a matter of time before a record was released and shows were selling out. In 2001 I was blessed to find my perfect song. In meaning and in my faith Amber could comfort me, heal me, fill me with mixed emotions and yet always bring me to a reality I forget I have. To this day I hear it and will cry. Performing it live had me in those tears of mixed emotions. So much can change in a lifetime yet there are things that can be one steady grip on life. I've had so many things change in the course of this past month let alone the last few years that hearing the familiar lick paused all stress and discomfort in my life and placed me back in a moment where life didnt matter it just was. The show was mind blowing. Covering almost one song from all of the 10 albums had people crowd surfing, moshing, elbowing to get a better view, and like me being filled with the joy of music.

I was stoked to see Chad Sexton preform a solo part (32 piece set) which I'm thinking of uploading even though I was dancing so much the film is shaky. He was soon joined by the other members in the group. Doubled on two extra kits, a 4 foot base drum being beating and two very large square symbols the band took a moment to impress the crowd. Below is the footage I got. Sorry the sound is not that great. I was so close the speakers were very intense. But what an amazing time! I can't upload Amber, there are parts you cant even hear because I couldn't film through my tears.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment