Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Metro Station!!!


I'm so excited! I just finished chatting/texting with my friend Cary White and to my surprise he is now the new drummer for Metro Station! A band I have loved for the last 4 years! It might be because they have a song called Kelsey but honestly, it's a band that has always made me want to dance. We laughed about the irony of the song and the fact that I tend to call him a little metro himself. But truth be told....I'm SO excited for my friend. Over the years I have watched him dabble in smaller gigs, followed him in photos and facebook updates on his travels, and even met with him in LA for lunch to talk about the exciting things he might be doing next. So it is FINALLY nice to see a home town boy have something come his way with a humble heart. He is a fantastic drummer and after an audition they hired him that night! As a person that must be an amazing feeling to probably be picked before anything was even finalized! From what I know it could take time and even second auditions to get a response. Not going to lie, I can't wait for my next trip to LA! Not only will I get to meet with an awesome friend but someone I admire for their drive and patience in the music industry. It is NOT an easy thing and I have seen and experienced it a few times myself. To be a little selfish (which I never am) I'm going to get a great story on this too. I know Cary will be humble and almost too shy to talk about himself and his good fortune but I think he deserves all of it. And I will be at the next show, first row, (if I can) screaming all the lyrics to Shake It (one of my many BMXing tunes at the skate park)! Gosh, it's times like these that make me more passionate about my music business degree and the things I plan on doing with it in the near future. Sometimes the universe speaks and only when we listen does it happen... So excited for you Cary! Love love love!! I wish you all the best in this next stepping stone in your life!

Here are some links to share the love!

http://www.facebook.com/metrostation
metrostationmusic.com
youtube.com/metrostationtv

No comments:

Post a Comment